Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Update: New Features Now Available in the Network Section in xFi

Official Employee

Update: New Features Now Available in the Network Section in xFi

As of today, February 22nd, you can now monitor Pod connection quality, troubleshoot Pods and see how devices are connected to your network!

Access the Network section to:

• Check on Pod connection quality - Great, Good, Fair or Poor - as determined by WiFi signal strength, transmission speed and available airtime to send and receive data.
    • Pod connection quality can affect the connection of other Pods, connected devices and the overall health of the home network.
  • Troubleshoot offline or poorly connected Pods
  • View the list of connected devices for each Pod and the Gateway by selecting the Gateway/Pod from the Network Devices list.

Note: This release removed the Hardware Information page from Advanced Settings. These details can now be viewed by navigating to the Network section, selecting the Gateway/Pod from the Network Devices list and viewing Gateway/Pod Details.

------

As of today, January 17th, you can now view network details and manage WiFi settings all in one spot!

Access the Network section from the main navigation to:

• Manage your WiFi name and password
  • Apply Protected Browsing security settings to all devices on your network
  • View the connection status for your network devices – xFi Gateway and xFi Pods (if applicable)
  • Manage your network's Advanced Settings like your network radio settings, port forwarding, hardware information and monthly data usage.

For Customers with Pods, you can access the Network section to view connection status and to rename or remove a Pod.

All content that was previously accessible from the Help section can now be found under More > Help. Access the Help section to:

• Troubleshoot a Device
  • Restart Your Gateway
  • Link out to the xFi Help & Support Forums
  • Explore our FAQs
New Poster

Re: Update: New Features Now Available in the Network Section in xFi

@ComcastDaniella I know that this post is dated now, however, is there any opportunity to beta test for Comcast as it relates to the XFi app? Functionally, that app is great but feel its missing some basic functions; especially now that I just installed a 6-pack of XFi Pods.

Expert

Re: Update: New Features Now Available in the Network Section in xFi

@elementum wrote:

@ComcastDaniella I know that this post is dated now, however, is there any opportunity to beta test for Comcast as it relates to the XFi app? Functionally, that app is great but feel its missing some basic functions; especially now that I just installed a 6-pack of XFi Pods.

I have had Comcast/TimeWarner for at least 30 years and they have never done a beta test.