Community Forum

Unknown devices show up in my xFi app

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Unknown devices show up in my xFi app

I have no idea what these are. No one has my passwords. Does this mean that someone connected to my network? I don’t think so as I would have received a notification on my iPhone and there were none. I have people here on July 25 to install something. Never noticed this before. Any where these are the screen shots. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Unknown devices show up in my xFi app

I decided to pause all three devices and unpause when I decide. They showed at the top of my devices page xFi app so I chose forget these devices. I hope that was not a mistake.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I wanted to add an update to this post that after calling for technical support I was told that these were most likely old devices that strangely were once connected to our network. Although the tech was puzzled why they showed up yesterday. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @lkpolovchik 

Thanks for reaching out - I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind. 

1) Were the unknown devices online or offline when you noticed them? 

2) Would you be able to provide the MAC address for the devices that you don't own, but are connected to your network? To see the MAC address go to xFi>Devices>Click on the devices that aren't yours> click on device details> note the MAC address

Thanks,

Hana

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Each device was offline. 

The first device was Apple 7B34. MAC address 685B35CA7B34

I think that might have been someone’s MacBook Air but hasn’t been here since December 2018 and my router was replaced in February this year. 

The second device is HewlettP-3E5B.  MAC address 2C69E5AD35B. 

This device I think may be my daughter in laws laptop but hasn’t been here since December of last year either. 

The last device is Dell-F040. The MAC address is 5CF9DD40F040. 

This could be an old laptop I recycled ta few months back. 

I only downloaded the xFi app on February 2 when a tech installed the new modem. This was the first time I saw them show up on my xFi app. Thank you 

Highlighted
New Poster

I just got 4 notifications for different devices. No one is even at my house except for me.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @PJHC78 @lkpolovchik,

Thanks for the info, I've forwarded your issue and account information to prod support. I'll be in touch about a resolution. 

@PJHC78 I see the devices that you got notifications for yesterday around 4:53pm are still online. Are these devices still unknown to you or have you identified them? Please let me know if I'm looking at the wrong devices.

Thanks,

Hana

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!