Community Forum

Unidentified Sagemcom Devices

New Poster

Unidentified Sagemcom Devices

Last week 4 Sagemcom devices appeared on my WiFi app. I decided to pause rather than “Forget This Device” in order to try and identify them. No IP address is given, but the MAC address is listed. As of today, I now have eight Sagemcom devices. I researched the company which makes routers, extenders, etc. 

The curious thing is that although “paused,” each device is still active according to the Network chart. My Xfinity gateway is the model cgm4140com. I also have six xifi  pods which are online and listed as connected. Our WiFi is password protected, and all the ports appear closed. Please advise when you can.

New Poster

Re: Unidentified Sagemcom Devices

I have the same issue, was there any resolution?

Regular Visitor

I have 10 Sagemcom devices that suddenly appeared. They all say Not Connected, unassigned. Also an Inventec device appeared. I have 6 Xfinity PODs. They all lost connection today, and after trying for 12 hours to reconnect - nothing works. Called Xfinity, and after an hour of help, they couldn't get the PODs to connect either. They've been working for a year. Why suddenly don't my PODs work anymore?

Silver Problem Solver

@neveralull wrote:

I have 10 Sagemcom devices that suddenly appeared. They all say Not Connected, unassigned. Also an Inventec device appeared. I have 6 Xfinity PODs. They all lost connection today, and after trying for 12 hours to reconnect - nothing works. Called Xfinity, and after an hour of help, they couldn't get the PODs to connect either. They've been working for a year. Why suddenly don't my PODs work anymore?

Hmm.

https://www.sagemcom.com/broadband/broadband-solutions/

A neighbor, perhaps?  (Very Unlikely)

Since they aren't connected, they can't function with your network.  You can change your password but all your devices will have to be updated with the new password.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!