Community Forum

Unable to rename my xFinity Mobile device on my xFi system.

Highlighted
New Poster

Unable to rename my xFinity Mobile device on my xFi system.

I have an xFinity Mobile device that I'm trying to rename on the xFi app, on the web, and on my TV. None of the three will allow me to change the name on the network. I do not like the fact that it uses a real name, as pretty much most of the devices have strange names to them. (IE- Everyday  printer, Edible Printer.... I  won't go into what my own devices are called, but they do not contain any personal info, like a real name.)

I will be happy to provide all info needed so that I can resolve this matter. Thank you in advance.

New Poster

Re: Unable to rename my xFinity Mobile device on my xFi system.

I have found empirically that this can be done sporadically: 1) using xfinity mobile app, 2) go to device tab, 3) tap present device name to entire ‘about’ page which now has pencil icon to right of editable name. 4) Delete and/or edit this name and 5) save with check mark. 6) Then repeat last step above to hopefully have it save in xFi app. Name options (length / characters) seem limited and have apostrophe s added by default.
New Poster

Same problem, nothing has worked. I tried renaming to a regular generic word, turning off/on Wifi, turning off/on cell service, airplane mode, restarting phone. It just keeps saying “changes are NOT saved”. Further, this is not even the original device added. By the way, another device has been renamed successfully multiple times without drama.
Official Employee

JakeMcCoy, thanks for letting us know about your issues with the xFi app and naming your XFINITY Mobile device. Thanks for being a valued customer! I'd like to look into this and get this fixed for you. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then click the link that references private message on the top right-hand corner of the following page. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Just curious why, as a Comcast representative, you would not post the solution when a simple google search brings up this page. While you may have helped this individual customer, there are others who could benefit.
Official Employee

We go private to get account related info, Taupe. That part remains private to protect the integrity of the account. The solution is always posted publicly once one is found. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!