Community Forum

Unable to order free Xfi Pods

Frequent Visitor

Unable to order free Xfi Pods

I switched to xFi Advantage several months ago and I am supposed to be getting wifi everywhere in my house (~3600 sq ft including basement).  I test the speed frequently since my devices seem to buffer a lot more than I would expect for the increase in speed that I am paying for.  I was told when I was considering upgrading that I would be provided with up to 3 free xFi Pods to extend coverage throughout my entire home if I was not able to get it with the modem/router alone.  I have made more calls to customer support about issues with coverage than I can count and I keep getting the same answer.  Yes, you are qualified for three free Pods, but I am not able to order those for you.  They told me to go to my local Xfinity Store...which I did.  They told me I am qualified for the Pods but they don't have the ability to order them at the store and to call customer support.  I have been getting the run around for nearly 10 months now and still I am limited in my wifi coverage.  I just got an email stating that Xfinity had performed a Wifi Assessment on my account and everything looks good...what a crock!!!  How about come to my house and try to get service in my basement.  If anyone has had luck getting the free pods, can you let me know how you went about it and what support number you finally had luck with?  I'm thinking I just need to switch to AT&T or Google Fiber and build my own mesh network and drop Xfinity all together.  Any suggestions?

New Poster

Re: Unable to order free Xfi Pods

I am having the same issue.  getting the runaround from everyone involved at Xfinity.   The first time i tried the link it said the pods were not available, but now it says i dont have the right equipment.  Went to the store and they told me I had to order online.  Total BS.  they need to get their act together.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@Caliboy2 and @gakennedys  

Thanks for reaching out.  I was able to pull up your account & take a look at the issue you described. I have sent you a private message with additional information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Got my pods. Thank you!