Community Forum

Tv

New Poster

Tv

How do you know what speed your tv streaming is? (5GB or 2.4G Can you set it at 5GB?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Tv

@psycho335 wrote:
How do you know what speed your tv streaming is? (5GB or 2.4G Can you set it at 5GB?

It's 5ghz, not 5GB.

Your gateway has two SSID's one for 2.4 and the other for 5, unless you have the xFi Pods, in which case there is only one SSID for both.

If your TV supports the 5ghz band, just have it select the correct SSID when setting up the TV's wifi connection.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Tv

To echo RobertWy's post, the xFi Gateways all broadcast 2 WiFi networks: the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. You can use one WiFi network name and password to broadcast both networks. Once you connected your TV to your home network, your Gateway will determine which connection type (2.4 or 5 GHz) the TV should be on and should automatically place it on the best option. 

If you are having connectivity issues with your TV, you can use the xFi app to troubleshoot the device's connection to your Gateway. To do this, ensure the TV is connected to the network. Open xFi, select the TV from the Devices list & Troubleshoot Device. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!