Community Forum

Turn off wireless

New Poster

Turn off wireless

I would like to turn off the wireless and just use a separate wireless router I have connected to the modem/router. How can I disable the wireless and still have modem connectivity?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Turn off wireless

@Joseph1960 wrote:

I would like to turn off the wireless and just use a separate wireless router I have connected to the modem/router. How can I disable the wireless and still have modem connectivity?

Put the gateway in Bridge Mode.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/wireless-gateway-enable-disable-bridge-mode

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Putting in bridge mode doesn’t completely turn off WiFi. It seems to “hide” it but still on.
Silver Problem Solver

@MichelleJ1 wrote:
Putting in bridge mode doesn’t completely turn off WiFi. It seems to “hide” it but still on.

If there is no SSID, then it can't be accessed.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Have you tried logging into 10.0.0.1 ? I think you can disable them from there, under connection > WiFi > edited and then disable I know xFI app is everything now but I don't like it lol! Hope that helps