Community Forum

Slowing down, losing power, bad service

Highlighted
New Poster

Slowing down, losing power, bad service

I have only had my comcast account for a little over 2 months, and my speed, signal strength, and connectivity have all decreased. My modem is now apparently offline, and I have to have a tech come out to look at it.

I work a day job and night job Monday through Friday (6 am to 11 pm), so I can’t have the tech come out until next weekend, meaning I’ll be without internet in my home for a week.

I quit using Comcast 4 years ago and recently came back with reluctance, but so far, I’m wishing I’d gone with AT&T.

Why is Comcast such an unreliable and terrible company? This isn’t just my opinion... everywhere I go, people seem to hate Comcast.

As big and ubiquitous of a company as Comcast is, one would think they would have better products and better service.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Slowing down, losing power, bad service

@joel_mcanulty wrote:
I have only had my comcast account for a little over 2 months, and my speed, signal strength, and connectivity have all decreased. My modem is now apparently offline, and I have to have a tech come out to look at it.

I work a day job and night job Monday through Friday (6 am to 11 pm), so I can’t have the tech come out until next weekend, meaning I’ll be without internet in my home for a week.

I quit using Comcast 4 years ago and recently came back with reluctance, but so far, I’m wishing I’d gone with AT&T.

Why is Comcast such an unreliable and terrible company? This isn’t just my opinion... everywhere I go, people seem to hate Comcast.

As big and ubiquitous of a company as Comcast is, one would think they would have better products and better service.

I have had Comcast for over 20 years and I have almost all their services.  I hardly ever have an issue except when they are working on the cables in the area.

Some parts of the nationwide service area have poor infrastructure that Comcast needs to address.

I hope replacing cable with fiber will be an improvement.  But upgrading (20 million?)  subscribers will probably take quite a bit of time.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Greetings, joel_mcanulty! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are having issues with your internet service. Certainly not the experience we want for you. If you would like me to look into this before the tech comes out, feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, joel_mcanulty. We have not heard back from you and hope the issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!