Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Settings Currently Unavailable

New Poster

Settings Currently Unavailable

I can connect to the Cisco router and the modem is functioning but the xFI cannot provide settings. I also login to 10.0.0.1 and it apears to be lagging in having all connected devices shown. Any help??

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Settings Currently Unavailable

We're sorry this is happening. We suggest trying to clear you App Chache and App Data. If that doesn't solve it, you may need to delete and reinstall the app. I can assist you. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name and then "private message me" and we can get started. 

All Replies
Expert

Is the Cisco router supplied by Comcast?  xFi is only supported on Comcast gateways.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-overview

New Poster

I have:

Voice and Data Modem

CISCO DPC3941T

this is supplied by Comcast. 

Expert

When you log in, are you using an ethernet connection or a wifi connection?

New Poster

It's under all conditions:

- PC browser wireless

- PC browser wired

- Mobile device

I don't think this SW is ready for primetime.  I will just login into 10.0.0.1 and use this interface.

Highlighted
Official Employee

We're sorry this is happening. We suggest trying to clear you App Chache and App Data. If that doesn't solve it, you may need to delete and reinstall the app. I can assist you. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name and then "private message me" and we can get started. 

New Poster

Yes, clearing out the data solved the problem.

New Poster

I am getting the same issue after moving to my new house. How should I go about it? I get this message while activating the new service.i go yo internet.xfinity.com and this thing comes up.
New Poster

This is the message I am getting from Xfinity app.
Screenshot_20180720-015028.png
Expert

Did you try clearing you cache as suggested in a previous post?

New Poster

Yes I tried clearing cache. Did not work. When I try to activate internet from the laptop as well it shows the same error.
Expert

What device is the app installed on?

New Poster

Its an Android Device,Moto G to be specific. This is my new home where I have moved where I am getting this issue.

New Poster

Also I have a public xfinitywifi available with a strong signal near me which I am currently connected with. 

Expert

@abhosle wrote:

Also I have a public xfinitywifi available with a strong signal near me which I am currently connected with. 

So you are not on your home network?