Community Forum

SOLVED: XFi Pods Were Not Installing and Stuck At Connecting Screen

New Poster

SOLVED: XFi Pods Were Not Installing and Stuck At Connecting Screen

Yesterday, I had three Xfinity technicians try to get my XFi Pods connected to my router via the XFi app with no success. The problem was that the XFi app would never complete setup with the first pod and attempts at trying each of the three pods I purchased individually to setup as the first pod failed setup. The technicians went as far as swapping out my router to the latest (Technicolor) and the same problem ensued. I was resigned to send the pods back but I figured something out that might help anyone having this same issue. After trying to setup all three of my pods individually and never reaching complete setup, I noticed that under the NETWORK menu of the XFi app that the pods were actually showing up but named with the default name of RoomPod 1, RoomPod2, etc. I then clicked on the status of the pods and they all showed an offline status and I also noted that the serial numbers matched up in the details section. I decided to rename the pods with the app matching the serial numbers of the device and in relation to where I planned to plug them in (I.e., Upstairs, etc). I plugged in the first pod and restarted my device(iPad Pro) and then launched the XFi app and then noticed that the XFi app had a banner at the top of the overview that said that multiple pods were offline and a link to fix the connection. I clicked that link and started with the first pod and hit I believe it was either troubleshoot or restart. BINGO! The first pod came online when going back to the NETWORK menu to verify the status. I repeated the same process for each pod. Make sure to setup each pod individually for them to show up even though the app doesn’t finish.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: SOLVED: XFi Pods Were Not Installing and Stuck At Connecting Screen

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Hi Robert,  no need to escalate this, it was just a few tips on how I got my XFi pods to connect to my router after initially having problems with th XFi app.

Silver Problem Solver

Oops!  I'm having a learning curve with the new forum.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!