Community Forum

Router Channel Settings

New Poster

Router Channel Settings

Why can't I mannually select my channels for my router.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Router Channel Settings

@CaseyThompson1 wrote:

Why can't I mannually select my channels for my router.

You should be able to IF you DON"T use Pods.

IF you have PODS, the proper band is automatically selected whenever a wifi device connects to the SSID.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

xFi Gateways include a feature that optimizes your in-home WiFi experience. Once enabled, the WiFi intelligence feature automatically determines the best connection type for your devices (2.4 or 5 GHz) and dynamically manages channel selections to avoid interference as WiFi conditions in the home change.  Since these settings are managed automatically, you will no longer have the ability to control settings like WiFi mode, security mode, channel selection, mode and bandwidth.   If you would like to have this feature disabled, please PM me your account number. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

how do i pm you my account number so that i can have this similar issue resolved involving disabling the xfi automatic management.

Silver Problem Solver

@bmr1958 wrote:

how do i pm you my account number so that i can have this similar issue resolved involving disabling the xfi automatic management.

When you go to the Profile of the person you want to "private message", there is a link on the right side that says "Send Message"Send a message-3.jpb.jpg

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

bmr1958, I'm here to help if you need it as well. Just send me your info via private message. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hi Ken,

Can you please help with how I can PM you my account information as well? I need to have access to wi-fi channel selection, etc. 

Thanks,

Tammy