Community Forum

Revert xfi back to gateway admin tool

Frequent Visitor

Revert xfi back to gateway admin tool

i have always managed my modem/router by logging in to 10.0.01. tonight, i logged in to manage connected devices, i blocked an unknown device, then i reset my gateway (via xfi i believe), and now, when I try to access Parental Controls > Managed Devices, it tells me,

"Managing your home network settings is now easier than ever.
Visit xfinity.com/myxfi to enable parental controls for devices connected
to your home network, among many other features and settings."

instead of giving me the options to manage.

I am on Facebook Messenger trying to get support for Xfinity, but it's taking forever to exchange messages. I have now discovered that my Port Forwarding section of admin tools is saying the same thing. This is just TERRIBLE! Unacceptable! I cannot and refuse to manage my router settings via Xfinity Xfi. How can I get my gateway admin tools back?

Please help, thanks!!!

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Revert xfi back to gateway admin tool

@GzyOnline wrote:

i have always managed my modem/router by logging in to 10.0.01. tonight, i logged in to manage connected devices, i blocked an unknown device, then i reset my gateway (via xfi i believe), and now, when I try to access Parental Controls > Managed Devices, it tells me,

I am on Facebook Messenger trying to get support for Xfinity, but it's taking forever to exchange messages. I have now discovered that my Port Forwarding section of admin tools is saying the same thing. This is just TERRIBLE! Unacceptable! I cannot and refuse to manage my router settings via Xfinity Xfi. How can I get my gateway admin tools back?

Please help, thanks!!!

One way may to do a reset of the gateway.  Any changes you have made will have to be done again.

Resetting your modem 
  1. Hard reset the modem by using a small object (paper clip or pin) to hold in the reset button on the back of the modem.
  2. Hold the reset button for 30 seconds until all the LED lights power off and wait two minutes.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Revert xfi back to gateway admin tool

@RobertWy wrote:

@GzyOnline wrote:

Please help, thanks!!!

One way may to do a reset of the gateway.  Any changes you have made will have to be done again.

Resetting your modem 
  1. Hard reset the modem by using a small object (paper clip or pin) to hold in the reset button on the back of the modem.
  2. Hold the reset button for 30 seconds until all the LED lights power off and wait two minutes.

Hi, I'll give this a try. Thank you SO MUCH for responding.