Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Restore Port Forwarding control *back* to the modem.

New Poster

Restore Port Forwarding control *back* to the modem.

Not only is this feature now "in the cloud", but the settings "in the cloud" are 6 months old, and absolutely do not reflect the current active port forward settings that I CAN NO LONGER ACCESS DIRECTLY ON MY MODEM!!  Why on Earth would Comcast do this? 

Please provide instructions on how to roll this little disaster back.

Official Employee

Re: Restore Port Forwarding control *back* to the modem.

Hello bryanveish. Unfortunately our xFi enabled modems will not have any roll-back feature to the modem's local UI. We do have the ability for you to enable port forwards using our xFi app or on our xFi site. Are you not able to adjust/ delete the existing ports assigned to a connected device? If so, you can "clear" out those old settings to adjust your new LAN settings, this will clear any previous settings and you can set them up as new. All you have to do, is make one adjustment in your LAN settings, and click apply, and then change it to whichever setting you want, this should clear out any of the previous settings. 

For more information, please visit: https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/xfi-port-forwarding/

New Poster

New Poster

It's completely pointless to even ask, of course they won't roll back. Port forwarding is only for advanced users but thats not the majority. The majority is simple minded people who do not use such things and these companies only ever care about money so why rollback for something small in their eyes. With Net Neurality gone, expect this to get even worse. Completely ridiculous!

New Poster

Bump!  This is STILL a major issue / bug with xFi.  I cannot port forward to my webcam and haven't been able to since Comcast pushed this xFi firmware update routers back in October 2017.  THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE.  Port forwarding is basic router functionality that has been around for 20 years.  Why would Comcast remove basic legacy functionality from a router's factory UI?  

Can you please tell me which WiFi and VoIP routers are available on the market that are NOT xFi compatible, but are compatible with Comcast internet?  I am planning to purchase my own router to remove Comcast's ability to control my router's firmware.  WAY too much "big brother" going on here...

New Poster

I am not an unrestricted secondary user or a primary user and no longer have access to port forwarding because of this. I can't edit my own settings. I have direct access to the router I shouldn't need a secondary access to change these settings or even to revert the settings I already put in place.