Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Renaming devices

New Poster

Renaming devices

Hi, I identified all my devices using the Mac addresses. Took me forever, pain in the butt. The next day all names went back to what they were before i renamed all devices. Please tell me I don't need to redo. Please advice.
Expert

Re: Renaming devices

I haven't had that happen to me.  I will escalate this to an official employee for response.

I am moving this thread to the xFi forum.

Official Employee

@Ssnijjer wrote:
Hi, I identified all my devices using the Mac addresses. Took me forever, pain in the butt. The next day all names went back to what they were before i renamed all devices. Please tell me I don't need to redo. Please advice.

The devices names should not have reverted like that unless you forgot them all from xFi, in which case as they reappear they may reappear as new devices with unpersonalized names. 

It doesn't sound like that's the case here -- how do the device names appear now? Is it back to showing the personalized names, or still all showing default names?

New Poster

The factory names remained until I had to rename them all again the next day.
Official Employee

I'm sorry we didn't catch this sooner.  Should it happen again (hopefully it does not) please send me a private message letting me know and I can help look into it.