Community Forum

Removeing hotspot

New Poster

Removeing hotspot

How can I remove xfinity hotspot so no one can see or access the hotspot found out my kid has someone pass and email to log into hotspot when there grounded
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Removeing hotspot

@Brandon_daley wrote:
How can I remove xfinity hotspot so no one can see or access the hotspot found out my kid has someone pass and email to log into hotspot when there grounded

If they are logging into the xfinitywifi SSID it is possible they are using a neighbor's SSID.

You might have to use Parental Controls, anyway.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/set-up-parental-controls-with-comcast-networking

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

This article will help with directions on how to disable the hotspot on your Gateway. 

Please note that while you can disable the hotspot on your Gateway, if they have a Comcast email address and password, they will still be able to access any hotspot networks within range. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi there, what is the article you suggest? I don't see any link in the post. Does it only go to the poster?
Silver Problem Solver

@Mattk3 wrote:
Hi there, what is the article you suggest? I don't see any link in the post. Does it only go to the poster?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/disable-xfinity-wifi-home-hotspot

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!