Community Forum

Re: can't connect Fitbit Aria to wifi network

New Poster

I just upgraded to XFi gateway and now can't connect to WIFI--the Aria scale doesn't see my WIFI network at all.  It connect fine to my older, cheap WIFI router. I did see the Aria logged one time on the XFi, and other devices have connected using 2.4 b, so not sure why this won't connect.

Diamond Problem Solver

As has been noted many times previously, if your networks are combined they may have to be separated for that device to work. Use the my account app or Xfi app

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

@Kag5, some devices have trouble connecting to the WiFi when both the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks are combined under one network name and password. To add the device, you can use this work around below. I hope this helps. 

1. When connected to your home network, open a web browser and login to the Gateway Admin page (10.0.0.1)

2. Once logged in, select Connection and then WiFi

3. Select EDIT at the end of the row for the 5 GHz Frequency Band (or 2.4 GHz if the device requires the 5 GHz)

4. Select Disable and then SAVE SETTINGS

5. Connect your device and complete any setup required

6. Go back into the Admin Tool and re-enable the 5 GHz band.

Note, disabling the 2.4 or 5GHz band will make your network unstable for a time and devices may drop from the network. I would suggest making sure that you are located as close to the Gateway as possible when adding your device. Once you enable the 5 GHz band, you may have to reconnect some of your devices to the network. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks, but I returned the XFi gateway for this reason and to save the $13/month rental when I already owned my own cable modem. Xfinity techs had me install the XFi due to resolve ongoing slow speed.

@ComcastBrittany wrote:

@Kag5, some devices have trouble connecting to the WiFi when both the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks are combined under one network name and password. To add the device, you can use this work around below. I hope this helps. 

1. When connected to your home network, open a web browser and login to the Gateway Admin page (10.0.0.1)

2. Once logged in, select Connection and then WiFi

3. Select EDIT at the end of the row for the 5 GHz Frequency Band (or 2.4 GHz if the device requires the 5 GHz)

4. Select Disable and then SAVE SETTINGS

5. Connect your device and complete any setup required

6. Go back into the Admin Tool and re-enable the 5 GHz band.

Note, disabling the 2.4 or 5GHz band will make your network unstable for a time and devices may drop from the network. I would suggest making sure that you are located as close to the Gateway as possible when adding your device. Once you enable the 5 GHz band, you may have to reconnect some of your devices to the network.