Community Forum

Re: Xfinity Hotspot Control Grayed Out Since XFi Gateway Installed

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Having same issue called Xfinity support every day for 2 weeks still grayed our and turns back on overnight
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hey folks, if you still need help with the XFINITY Hotspot activation/deactivation, let me know. Everyone should have an "opt in" setting in our system that allows you to control this feature. I can double-check to make sure that is the case and reinforce it if it is not. 

Nowens, got your private message and will follow up there. Thanks for posting! 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I got a call Saturday from Comcast support the lady I spoke to told me she was going to turn off my hotspot on her end and she would check it the next day to male sure it stayed off. She was also going to call me the next day to touch base .Never got a call and the hotspot is back on the same as the last 20 times I’ve called 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Nowens, sorry about that. I've submitted a request for advanced repair to give you another call. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!