Community Forum

Re: Xfi pods seem online, but no connection

New Poster

I can relate, I'm renting a room and I get "fair" connection. I go purchase a router but my wall sockets are at baseboard to floor so had to return. I purchase Pods and at a costly price and do set up and all I show is they are "online" but my strength hasn't improved and I just buff the entire time. Bcse comcast not in my name I cant get any help from customer service. I'm debating on returning these pods as I have no improvement and dont like the fact that you must keep your "location" on in order for the Pods to work.. I dont need the world tracking what I do while home.
Any suggestions to fix? Or should i just return?
Contributor

Monothappy: Not sure I understand all you are saying.

You purchased a router ? The Comcast Router can only be rented. Are you not using the xfinity router which is designed to work with the comcast pods ? 

What does the location of the sockets have to do with the router/modem ? 

Highlighted
Official Employee

MOnothappy - Happy to help troubleshoot with you, but a little confused about what you're experiencing.  Could you provide any more detail?  I know you mentioned the Comcast account not being in your name - did you purchase Pods to link to that account?  Are you already using the xFi app? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!