Community Forum

Re: Unable to purchase xFi pods

Frequent Visitor

I am also getting this message when I try to buy the pods online.  Can someone please tell me how to purchase the pods?

Thanks,

Dan

Silver Problem Solver

@webbdane wrote:

I am also getting this message when I try to buy the pods online.  Can someone please tell me how to purchase the pods?

Thanks,

Dan

You can only purchase them online.  What is your issue with the purchase site?

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/wifi/xfi-pod-3pack

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

webbdane - Can you please let me know which error message you are getting when trying to order Pods?

Thanks!

Rachel

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Right after it says adding to plan, I get the following

Sorry, it looks like this product isn't available for you to purchase right now. Please check back again soon.”

its been doing this this for a week or so.  I keep “checking back soon”

Silver Problem Solver

@webbdane wrote:

Right after it says adding to plan, I get the following

Sorry, it looks like this product isn't available for you to purchase right now. Please check back again soon.”

its been doing this this for a week or so.  I keep “checking back soon”

Maybe it thinks you don't have a rental Comcast Gateway?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

If so, how do I resolve that?

Silver Problem Solver

@webbdane wrote:

If so, how do I resolve that?

Rent an xFi gateway?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/why-rent-wireless-gateway

Frequent Visitor

I am renting a Comcast modem.  I have a TG1682G.  Other thoughts?

Silver Problem Solver

@webbdane wrote:

I am renting a Comcast modem.  I have a TG1682G.  Other thoughts?

Did you try calling 1800comcast?

Frequent Visitor

Yes, they were no help.  Said the only way to purchase was on-line.  I explained the issue, and she said she just couldn't help?!  It looks like several of the comcast employees on this board have helped people, which is why I posted here.

Official Employee

webbdane - Thanks for providing the error message.  I will Private Message you with more information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page. 

Thanks!

Rachel

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Hi Rachel,

I checked, but still haven't received a Private Message from you.

Dan

Highlighted
Official Employee

webbdane -  Let me try that again!   

New Poster

Why private messsage the original poster when there are many people with the same problem? The site ALWAYS states that the pods are unavailable. Telephone and on-line assistance are no help. What is the situation? Anyone know what is going on?

Frequent Visitor

I ended up going to the xfinity store to buy.....never found out why I couldn’t do it online. The private message to me included a number that I called, that basically told me to go to a store to purchase.....

New Poster

Thank You Webbdane -- Comcast/Xfinity makes it hard at times -- can't buy on-line -- can't getg the phone number for a local store -- on-line support is clueless -- they are now just another low performing service company with lousy customer support -- and they wonder why people don't love them

Official Employee

Hello everyone. 

Equipment Requirements for xFi pods are:
xFi Pods are available to those of you with Xfinity internet service and a Comcast-rented compatible xFi Gateway (no purchased equipment).

Supported xFi Gateways include:

• Arris TG1682G (XB3)
  • Cisco 3941T (XB3)
  • Arris TG3482G (XB6)
  • Technicolor TC CGM4140COM (XB6)

If you don't have an eligible xFi Gateway, you can order one to be shipped to you at: Xfinity.com/equipmentupdate.

Since webbdane did have a compatible device and was still unable to purchase the pods online, that is likely why a private message was requested. There can also be certain account issues/limitations that may be preventing you from purchasing pods if you have our Xfinity internet service with a compatible device and still cannot complete the order online. Keep in mind, these can also be purchased at your local Comcast service center, as needed. Thank you.

Official Employee

webbdane  - I apologize for the service you were provided -- The team I directed you to should have been able to process an order for you via phone.  I will follow up with them to see what happened.

mhotz001 – I apologize for the frustration.  Are you trying to order Pods?  If so, which error are you receiving?

ComcastMorgan – Thanks for chiming in.  You’re right – if a customer with a compatible device is still unable to purchase Pods online, it may be due to certain account issues/limitations. 

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Hello everyone. 

Equipment Requirements for xFi pods are:
xFi Pods are available to those of you with Xfinity internet service and a Comcast-rented compatible xFi Gateway (no purchased equipment).

Supported xFi Gateways include:

• Arris TG1682G (XB3)
  • Cisco 3941T (XB3)
  • Arris TG3482G (XB6)
  • Technicolor TC CGM4140COM (XB6)

If you don't have an eligible xFi Gateway, you can order one to be shipped to you at: Xfinity.com/equipmentupdate.

Since webbdane did have a compatible device and was still unable to purchase the pods online, that is likely why a private message was requested. There can also be certain account issues/limitations that may be preventing you from purchasing pods if you have our Xfinity internet service with a compatible device and still cannot complete the order online. Keep in mind, these can also be purchased at your local Comcast service center, as needed. Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Customer Centers in New Hampshire, Portsmouth, Somersworth, are telling me they have never sol them in their stores. Text Msg Help Site was a complete waste. I was instructed to go online to order, where I keep getting the same answer, "Sorry, it looks like this product isn't available for you to purchase right now. Please check back again soon." I use the Xfi SB6 by Technicolor". In view of the numerous low reviews of same, they may have scrapped all of the current stock and are waiting to release a new version. In any event, every time I've had a problem, I know I will be getting into an extended waste of my time, EXCEPT for one upper tier Tech named Tony, who diagnosed my problem within 5 minutes of contacting me. It took 30+ minutes however to convince a tier 1 tech to move my problem up the chain of command. Comcast, Please pay attention to your customers.  rr

Official Employee

ren1pa -  I apologize for the frustration.  I will Private Message you with more information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page.

Thanks!

Rachel