Community Forum

Re: Pods

New Poster

I have the same issue with three new pods, all online and no devices connected. Meanwhile I have the “dot” (no bars) on my WiFi indicator on my laptop with an xFi pod in the same room. It will not connect to my laptop.
Silver Problem Solver

Hi, Lisamm! Welcome to our community! When did you install the pods? 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Hello. I installed them on Sunday 5/26/19. They all show online on the xFi app.
Silver Problem Solver

@Lisamm - The xFi Pods will work together with your gateway to determine the best connection for your devices. It does take time to create the "mesh" network. Are all pods online? 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Yes all pods are online. How long does it take to create the “mesh?”
Silver Problem Solver

@Lisamm - It depends on your network, WiFi coverage, "dead spots", and on the number of the devices you have. I'm happy to follow up on Sunday 6/02 to check in on your services. If it still won't get connected - I can definitely escalate it further. 

New Poster

XFi pods still are not connected to anything after 6 days and my wifi signal is actually worse now. I have devices that can't even find the network anymore.  PLUS the pods themselves are hot - they are a fire hazard! Our house isn't that big, the router is directly beneath the pod and nothing works. My Netgear extended did a better job than something that is supposed to be compatible with our Xfninity leased router and our Xfinity service. What a disappointment. 

Frequent Visitor

I was planning on putchasing some pods, but thanks to all you guys for reporting problems you have with them.  I think I will wait.  Maybe even go back to my own router.  Appears to be to many issues.  Maybe some hardware released before it was ready?

Silver Problem Solver

@Lisamm -  I can't check if there are any issues with the pods without your information. Could you please send your first and last name? Thank you in advance, 

New Poster

Purchased a Netgear AC1900 Dual Band extender and within 15 minutes went from "poor" to "excellent"signal. Thanks to Best Buy for helping me find the right product.