Community Forum

RALINK TE-600 Connected

Highlighted
New Poster

RALINK TE-600 Connected

I got a text saying a New Device was connected to the network, immediately i paused it because we weren't at home and the device name sounded weird "RALINKTE-6000" is this some kind of virus on the Xfinity Network ??
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: RALINK TE-600 Connected

That’s an actual company that makes chipsets. I guess you’ll see what’s not working when you get home
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralink

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: RALINK TE-600 Connected

12-5-2019 Got the same message here. I live alone in an apartment. I immediately paused it just like you. I Googled it and found a couple of entries: 1) a temperature sensor (looks like commercial use), and 2) a 3-in-1 gadget that can act as a portable charger, a personal hotspot, or a file-sharing hub. The latter is most likely. Pictures show a router with a Ralink RT5350F system on a chip.

I'm sure someone was just setting it up and it found my network and tried to connect. I no longer see it trying to connect. Thanks to the XFi app I head these off although I doubt they could get into my network anyway.