Protective Browser

Regular Visitor

Protective Browser

I had it turned off but it came back on and cant get it to turn off
Problem Solver

Re: Protective Browser

You had what turned on?  What browser?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Regular Visitor

Xfinity xfi under network. Once click network button it brings up screen with Protective Browser. I never turned it on but it keeps coming back. It won't let me read emails. Annoying and I can't get it turned off
Silver Problem Solver

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Dsimmons72 -- 

Thanks for reaching out. 

1.  Are you accessing xFi from the mobile app or the web? 
2. When you navigate to Network > Protected Browsing & clicking to toggle the feature off, are you receiving an error? 
3. Can you please try to toggle the feature off & share a screenshot with me via Private Message?  (You can send me a PM by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button on my profile page.)
4. Are you trying to access your emails using a mobile phone or a computer, using an app or a webpage?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

@ComcastRachelH wrote:

Dsimmons72 -- 

Thanks for reaching out. 

1.  Are you accessing xFi from the mobile app or the web? 
2. When you navigate to Network > Protected Browsing & clicking to toggle the feature off, are you receiving an error? 
3. Can you please try to toggle the feature off & share a screenshot with me via Private Message?  (You can send me a PM by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button on my profile page.)
4. Are you trying to access your emails using a mobile phone or a computer, using an app or a webpage?

I had no idea mine was off until I saw this thread.  No clue as to why it was turned off; any chance an app update turned it off?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

RobertWy -- 

To clarify, Protected Browsing is an opt-in service -- you must enable it using the Xfinity xFi app.   Are you saying you had this enabled & it is no longer on?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I opted in but turned it off because it blocked everything I wanted to see. It turned back on by itself and now cant turn it off. Giving me error when try to turn off
Regular Visitor

Below is what is happening when I try to turn it off.
Enable to reduce the risk of devices connected to your home network from accessing sites/apps known to host malicious content. Learn More

We're having some difficulty updating your preferences. Please refresh the page. If the problem persists, check back later.
Silver Problem Solver

@ComcastRachelH wrote:

RobertWy -- 

To clarify, Protected Browsing is an opt-in service -- you must enable it using the Xfinity xFi app.   Are you saying you had this enabled & it is no longer on?

Yes.  I had turn it back on when I read this thread.

Official Employee

Thanks for the additional information.  

RobertWy -- Do you have a family member who may be using xFi to toggle the Protected Browsing setting?  Remember, any Unrestricted Secondary user can log in to xFi & make changes.

Dsimmons72 -- I will Private Message you with more information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page.

Thanks!

Rachel

Silver Problem Solver

@ComcastRachelH wrote:

Thanks for the additional information.  

RobertWy -- Do you have a family member who may be using xFi to toggle the Protected Browsing setting?  Remember, any Unrestricted Secondary user can log in to xFi & make changes.

Dsimmons72 -- I will Private Message you with more information. Private messages can be accessed by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of any forums page.

Thanks!

Rachel

Rachel, I have two other family members, and neither knows how to do that; I asked them.