Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Protecting the WifI network password that can be accessed via the TV app Xfinity Xfi

New Poster

Protecting the WifI network password that can be accessed via the TV app Xfinity Xfi

I think there is a way to protect the Wifi network password that can be accessed via the TV app Xfinity Xfi. I know that I was able to set up a PIN for that purpose when I had my old gateway.

Official Employee

Re: Protecting the WifI network password that can be accessed via the TV app Xfinity Xfi

@rcovrett wrote:

I think there is a way to protect the Wifi network password that can be accessed via the TV app Xfinity Xfi. I know that I was able to set up a PIN for that purpose when I had my old gateway.

It's on the cable box, Xfinity button to Gear symbol to Parental Control, set up a pin, scroll down to Application Locks, press OK, scroll down to Xfinity Xfi and press ok

Expert

Re: Protecting the WifI network password that can be accessed via the TV app Xfinity Xfi

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

@rcovrett wrote:

It's on the cable box, Xfinity button to Gear symbol to Parental Control, set up a pin, scroll down to Application Locks, press OK, scroll down to Xfinity Xfi and press ok

This help needs to be updated.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-parental-controls-service-locks