Community Forum

Port forwarding wrong IP address

New Poster

Port forwarding wrong IP address

On the port forwarding page for MyXfi, when I add a port and select a device, the IP address returned does not match the device selected.

For example, if I go to a device and look at its about pop-up--displaying the IP address for the device--it might read 10.0.0.220 (which is correct). Then when I go to the port forwarding page and select the device to be port forwarded, it will consistently return the wrong IP address (i.e. 10.0.0.5). If I select a different device, it will consistently return a different, but wrong IP address. Thus the port forwarding page will read "No associated device". 

In another case, the correct IP address is showing in the port forwarding page, however, it still reads "No associated device". That being said, other than the error message, the device is being port forwarded. 

tl;dr I select the device in the port forward page and it gives me a random IP address and prints the error message "No associated device". Help

Official Employee

Re: Port forwarding wrong IP address

duhg74, welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the port forwarding issues. I'd be happy to help! If you're still having this issue, please send me a PM with your first and last name so we can review this further together. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!