Community Forum

Port forwarding not working

New Poster

Port forwarding not working

I see the forums have had this topic before and hope by now there was a solution but perhaps not. It will not work for me. I have a very specific device that requires port forwarding. I had it setup previously on a CenturyLink DSL system and worked flawlessly for three years. Now I switch to the Comcast system and it will not work. It appears Comcast does not want to solve this problem for I know more about such issues than the 6 or more techs I’ve talked to. Do I need to by my own modem? If yes, is there one that is highly recommended? Cost not the issue, or do I need to go back to CenturyLink?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Port forwarding not working

@mjrelph wrote:

I see the forums have had this topic before and hope by now there was a solution but perhaps not. It will not work for me. I have a very specific device that requires port forwarding. I had it setup previously on a CenturyLink DSL system and worked flawlessly for three years. Now I switch to the Comcast system and it will not work. It appears Comcast does not want to solve this problem for I know more about such issues than the 6 or more techs I’ve talked to. Do I need to by my own modem? If yes, is there one that is highly recommended? Cost not the issue, or do I need to go back to CenturyLink?

You didn't say which Comcast Gateway you have, but since you posted in this forum, maybe this will help:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-port-forwarding

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Port forwarding not working

Hi, I'd be happy to help. Can you please provide some additional details on the issue you are experiencing? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!