Community Forum

Port forwarding in xFi has the right device but the wrong reserved IP address

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Port forwarding in xFi has the right device but the wrong reserved IP address

Trying to add a Port forward through the xfi website as it wont allow anymore directly from the router.

And even  though i know the ip address of the destination computer, i have to select the "device" as im not smart enough to know about computers. sigh. Guess what selecting the right device, gives the wrong reserved Ip address.

Looking up the device in the devices section after 10 additional clicks it has the correct ip address associated with it. Retrying multiple times, refreshing, deleting adding again, it sticks to the wrong ip address. Whats the secret sauce here to get an input field for an ip address in the portforwarding tool, or just let me configure it by hand in the router/gateway.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Port forwarding in xFi has the right device but the wrong reserved IP address

I have the same issue. Have you found any solution?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Port forwarding in xFi has the right device but the wrong reserved IP address

Yes, a workaround i found was to go in your router software itself.

Assign the device the fixed ip the xfi software believes it has on the web interface and then setup the port forward again.

Its a hassle to go into two different places, but that should work.

Greetings

Highlighted
New Poster

Another way is to forget the device that has the wrong IP.