Community Forum

Port forwarding in xFi has the right device but the wrong reserved IP address

Highlighted
New Poster

Port forwarding in xFi has the right device but the wrong reserved IP address

I was having trouble with joining people on Xbox One due to my LAN being strict, so I decided to port forward through the xFi website. I have my device on a reserved IP address, and when I view the device details in the website it has the right address, but when I go to port forward on the device it says that the device's reserved IP is something different, so it doesn't work. Does anyone know how I can change this so that the ports are forwarded on the correct address?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Port forwarding in xFi has the right device but the wrong reserved IP address

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Port forwarding in xFi has the right device but the wrong reserved IP address

Hi @bheppberger

I've used the email address you have registered with the forums to send you a document that provides more details about port forwarding. Could you please review it, follow the steps to see if it resolves your issue?  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

By chance did you resolve this? I have the same issue. I tried many tactics and restarts both device and modem. My IP is also correct in the local router admin page and xfi but wrong when I add the port forwarding.
Regular Contributor

Same issues here but no fix yet. reserved ip never changes so i can only add one device at any given time. Had open nat but now it back to strict or moderate

New Poster

When xfi does their lousy software updates this happens again. So my camera is static, the xfi app sees the correct IP, but adding it still says no associated device and the wrong ip.

I did the tricks of changing other port forwards and back again to see if it registered and rebooted the modem fully but no change.

I'll see if I need to forget it from the network first and try again.
New Poster

Ok, for the future it appears you must remove it from the network. Now it works fine.