Community Forum

Port forward

Highlighted
New Poster

Port forward

I need to set up a port forward in order to access my security cameras remotely. I can set it up for the correct device, but when I save it, it says ‘no associated device’ and an incorrect IP address. Then it won’t let me delete it. After talking to 3 people at Xfinity, the only advice they could give me is to reset the gateway back to factory to delete the port forward. I’ve done this twice now and having the same problem. What am I doing wrong? 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Port forward

@Dpw97 wrote:

I need to set up a port forward in order to access my security cameras remotely. I can set it up for the correct device, but when I save it, it says ‘no associated device’ and an incorrect IP address. Then it won’t let me delete it. After talking to 3 people at Xfinity, the only advice they could give me is to reset the gateway back to factory to delete the port forward. I’ve done this twice now and having the same problem. What am I doing wrong? 

I've never tried to port forward.  Are these the instructions you are using?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-port-forwarding

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yes I am. I’ve tried a few more times. It will allow me to set up the port forward on the device that is online, but once I save it defaults to a ‘no associated device’ IP address. 

Official Employee

@Dpw97 Please send me a private message with the MAC address for the device you are trying to port forward through xFi and if you can include screenshots of the error you are receiving, I can escalate this to the team for investigation. 

To Private Message me just click on my name and then "Send a Message". 

Thanks.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue.  If I port forward to device 10.0.0.175, the router changes it to 10.0.0.115.  Nothing I've tried fixes it.  For kicks, I tried port forwarding to device 10.0.0.115.  The router changed it to 10.0.0.2.

Regular Visitor

Same thing here. I am trying to forward IP 10.0.0.99 on 80 and 443, but it changes it to 10.0.0.2 (the ip of a network hub) and says "no associated device"