Community Forum

Port Forwarding Problems With My New Gateway

Highlighted
New Poster

Port Forwarding Problems With My New Gateway

I used to be able to host Minecraft servers just fine until I got the new gateway, now my 25565 port isn't forwarding. Well, I can't seem to get any port to open, but I'm under the impression fixing one issue will fix the other. I've been working on this issue for a few days now, looked through numorous guides, double checked my firewalls, tried DMZ mode, and so on. Not much has changed on my computer's end between when I could host my private servers and now in terms of settings or firewalls or anything. The only real difference I can think of is the new gateway.

Doesn't help that any similar threads I've seen on these forums have ended with a comcast representative asking the poster to private message them, so I got tired of browsing for answers and decided to post my own thread.

Threads with public solutions that I've seen have used bridge mode to fix their issues, but I really don't want to have to buy a new router just to play Minecraft. Is there anything else I can do?

My gateway is the xFi advanced Gateway model CGM4140COM. I can't remember what my old one was. I set it up using xFi, but I port forwarded in my browser.

I've been using You get Signal to check my ports.