Community Forum

Port Forward

New Poster

Port Forward

I work with camera DVR systems for business and residential. On my latest install the Comcast modem port forward page was forcing me to use XFi web page so we can no longer forward ports the way I used too this doesn't make sense to me but I got the customer to log in and I attempted to forward the ports through the web page. The web page will not let you specify a local IP address and it forces you to pick from a list of connected devices the only problem is the list only shows devices connected to wifi not hard wired devices. So at this point I am using DMZ which is not safe. I need a work around or resolution. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Port Forward

Sorry for the issues you're running into. If you follow the steps provided below, are you able to manually enter devices this way?  
1. Visit xfinity.com/myxFi or open the xFi app and sign in with your Xfinity username and password.
2. Select More. (If you are using the xFi app, select More from the bottom navigation bar and then select Advanced Settings.)
3. Select Port Forwarding from the menu.
4. Select Add Port Forward.
Note: If you've previously set up a port forward from your Gateway's Admin Tool (http://10.0.0.1), you should see it listed in the xFi Port Forwarding settings. Once you access port forwarding, Bedtime Mode or pause/unpause a device through xFi, you will no longer be able to access similar features (port forwarding, block or scheduled block) through the Gateway's Admin Tool (http://10.0.0.1).
5. Choose the household device for the port forward you are setting up from the drop-down list of connected devices. Note: If you don't see the device listed, it may not be connected to your home network.
6. Choose from the list of common applications to use a recommended, preset configuration (e.g., Xbox or PlayStation) or select Manual Setup to enter specific port numbers, ranges and/or protocols.
7. Select Apply Changes to complete the setup of the port forward.
8. The device you set up for this port forward can now use these settings.

Note: If you are unsure what port settings to choose, reference the device manual or the application you are trying to use. Opening unnecessary ports is not recommended, as it poses a security risk.

New Poster

Re: Port Forward

The problem is my device is hard wired and for some reason only wireless devices are showing in the list. The device does show  when I just view my connected devices but when you setup the port forward it does not show in this list. It has to be some kind of bug with the new XFi.