Community Forum

Pods don't show activity or connected devices

New Poster

Pods don't show activity or connected devices

Moved into our new home with the modem at one end, so I chained 3 pods away from it to the other end of the house including going downstairs. They connected just fine and it's undeniable that they're working because I'm getting great speeds at the far end of the house vs. pitiful service before.

My question is confirming what I believe is a bug in the Xfinity network analysis software that we all access from the app or web.  All three pods show that they are online and connected.  But all three say, "There are no devices connected to Pod right now". And they never do. And if I look at devices that are connected to the nework, they all say that their connection point is to "Wireless Gateway".

Bug? It'd be nice to see what's really connected where.

Official Employee

Re: Pods don't show activity or connected devices

Hello betona. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. I can assist with reviewing the xFi diagnostics for the pods that are not showing connected. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile, then click the link that says "Send a message". There you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hi @ComcastJoeTru  - I have this same problem, and would appreciate your help.  I went to your profile page to send you a PM, but don't see the link to "Send a Message" - can you please confirm?  Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver

@noahvl wrote:

Hi @ComcastJoeTru  - I have this same problem, and would appreciate your help.  I went to your profile page to send you a PM, but don't see the link to "Send a Message" - can you please confirm?  Thanks!

It is on the right side of the Profile and it is sometimes difficult to see:Send a message-3.jpb.jpg

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks @RobertWy  - unfortunately I don't see that link on @ComcastJoeTru's profile page (see snip attached).  I'll try to send as a Private Message from the Mail icon above.  Thanks for the help!

Annotation 2019-06-11 093141.jpg

Administrator

@noahvl

Remember you must be logged into the forum to be able to access private messaging. In the image you shared, you are not logged in (you can tell since it is still saying "Sign In"). Once you log in and view another user's profile you will automatically see the "Send a Message" button. 

For additional details about logging into the forum and/or sending private messages see here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/help/faqpage

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Thanks @ComcastJessie  - I believe I am logged in; I'm able to post, and I can also see the "Send Private Message" on other profiles (like yours), just not @ComcastJoeTru 's.  No worries - I've sent a PM via the Mail icon.

Any thoughts on my issue with the xFi Pods not listing any connected devices?  Thanks!Annotation 2019-06-11 100455.jpg

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello noahvl. I can assist with troubleshooting your xFi pods as well. I did receive and respond to your private message. Let's continue via private message please.