Community Forum

Pods and reconnecting with Belkin Wemo light switch

New Poster

Pods and reconnecting with Belkin Wemo light switch

I can not access my wemo light switch to set up timers and control after i set up the 3 pods

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Pods and reconnecting with Belkin Wemo light switch

@Anon25715 wrote:

I can not access my wemo light switch to set up timers and control after i set up the 3 pods

My weather device has the capability to find my SSID and connect that way.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Me either. I think it's due to the speed of either the pod (slower than the regular router) or the WEMO. I think I'm going to call Belkin (with WEMO people).

Frequent Visitor

My waffle maker makes tasty breakfast treats. Neither of our posts are helpful to the OP.

New Poster

My 2 WEMOs spontaneously healed! Both now work. One came back on-line after a couple of days, and the other took about a week. Interesting.

New Poster

I have same problem. Wemo smart plugs (WiFi connected power receptacles) intermittently lose connection or at least visibility as viewed from Wemo App. When I log into XFi the Wemo devices show connected on my network. My theory is that they are intermittently connecting back and forth between my pods or the router. Could that be happening? If so, is there a way to force them to stay connected to router and not use pods? It says on Wemo (owned by Belkin) page that smart plugs may not work reliably with range extenders. I really need to figure this out as I use these smart plugs to force a reboot of devices that get hung after power flickers.
Official Employee

Tuckd, thanks for posting. The xFi pods don't broadcast a separate SSID from the modem so there isn't a way to bypass the wiFi network and connect directly to the modem. You could unplug the xFi pods and WLAN to the modem or connect via WPS if your devices allow and then plug the xFi pods back in and test there. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!