Community Forum

Pause and bedtime are not working. Kid had 50% of our Network and he's supposedly on restrictio

New Poster

Pause and bedtime are not working. Kid had 50% of our Network and he's supposedly on restrictio

Not sure why I'm paying for this service. It was the ONLY reason we upgraded.
New Poster

Re: Pause and bedtime are not working. Kid had 50% of our Network and he's supposedly on restrictio

Mine is too :/
Official Employee

Re: Pause and bedtime are not working. Kid had 50% of our Network and he's supposedly on restrictio

Hi @Bettylkline, I would like to understand the issue further. I took a quick look and it appears that you have a number of devices paused and I also see that one of the profiles had a bedtime schedule set. Can you specify which profile or group of devices it is that you are having trouble with? 

Is the issue that the devices that are currently paused are still connecting?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi @Mykdzmom, can you please provide more information on the issue you are having with controlling devices?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Yes the one with bed time, parental controls and pause still is finding a way to get through the controls. It was decided today we were going to have to reset the password which is very unfortunate since he does have opportunity to earn back internet from time to time and that would mean frequently changing passwords, a hardship for the rest of us.
Official Employee

Okay, I would be happy to help troubleshoot this with you. Can you please send me a private message with your account number and the profile name in xFi that is bypassing controls. I will be happy to pull things up and take a look. 

Thanks!

New Poster

I paused my son Xbox and daughter iPhone. It's shows paused but then a couple minutes later a new Xbox and I phone shows up. Right now I currently at 4 Xboxes and 3 iPhones. All paused
Official Employee

@Aliciaray, thank you for reaching out regarding this. Do you have a 3rd party router or extender on your network that acts as another WiFi access point for devices? 

If so, this could be the source of the issue. 

The other possibility is that the devices are getting their MAC address spoofed. xFi recognizes each device based on the MAC Address and while the MAC address of a device cannot be changed, it can be spoofed allowing the device to connect back to the internet as appear as a new device.