Community Forum

Not sure what device is which.

New Poster

Not sure what device is which.

I am currently trying to look for my gaming laptop in devices to set up a port forward for dota 2, and im not sure what my device name is in this section please help.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Not sure what device is which.

@eac123 wrote:

I am currently trying to look for my gaming laptop in devices to set up a port forward for dota 2, and im not sure what my device name is in this section please help.

Which make of laptop?  You should be able to match with some characters of the computer name.  One of my desktops actually has the word "DESKTOP" in the Host Name.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Not sure what device is which.

"You can view more information by seleting the device from the Devices list and then Device Details. Device Details will provide you information around the Host Name, Manufacturer, MAC Address, IP Address and Connection Type. The four digits are the last four of the actual device's MAC address.

The best way to identify the devices showing in your list of devices in xFi is by comparing the MAC Address as this is what we use to identify unique devices on our end. For more details, please see the FAQ section "I don't recognize the names of all the devices listed. How can I identify them?" https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-faqs"

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!