Community Forum

New Device Connected that I do not recognize

New Poster

New Device Connected that I do not recognize

Hi,

I recently received a notification through my xFi app that a device that neither my wife or I added connected to our network.

I am concerned that someone we have not given access to our connection has gotten into it.
Contributor

Re: New Device Connected that I do not recognize

Pause it with the xfi App or log into your xfinity account, internet, device, and pause there.

New Poster

What if you “forget device” !? I’m having the same issue. Every morning I wake up and multiple new devices have logged in and I’m creeped out. We just moved. Is there a way to block this ahead of time!?!?!?
Silver Problem Solver

@HH76 wrote:
What if you “forget device” !? I’m having the same issue. Every morning I wake up and multiple new devices have logged in and I’m creeped out. We just moved. Is there a way to block this ahead of time!?!?!?

I have identified 33 devices in my xFi app(and website).  Some of them are devices my extended family use when they come to visit.  It took some work, but I was able to identify all the TV's, home devices, etc. by their MAC address and IP address.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Forgetting won't help. It will undo any pausing that you have done. There is no way to block ahead of time. There are a number of threads on that already.

An xfinity person may chime in on this thread and might be able to look at your specific issues.