Community Forum

Nest Camera

Frequent Visitor

Nest Camera

I was just sold on the xb6. Received it today but my nest cameras won’t connect. Will these cameras not work on my system. I don’t care about the xfinity home. Just want to be able to use them and my nest app again. Thermostat and protects work fine. No camera
New Poster

Re: Nest Camera

From what I have gathered. Xfinity does not currently support the NEST cameras, but of course you can get theirs and pay them more money. 

I am beyond frustrated that this issue has been brought up multiple times, and the re-occurring answer is “We don’t” with no indicators when this will change.

Seems like a strong arm tactic to force customers into purchasing their equipment.

Silver Problem Solver

@MNK503 wrote:

From what I have gathered. Xfinity does not currently support the NEST cameras, but of course you can get theirs and pay them more money. 

I am beyond frustrated that this issue has been brought up multiple times, and the re-occurring answer is “We don’t” with no indicators when this will change.

Seems like a strong arm tactic to force customers into purchasing their equipment.

https://workswith.nest.com/company/comcast/xfinity-home

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hi all, quick clarification on "supported" devices. We have a list of supported devices through Works With Xfinity, which means that these devices can be added to your network and then controlled through the xFi app or Xfinity Home app (for Xfinity Home customers). For more information: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/works-with-xfinity-home-faq

Nest Cameras are not currently on the list of supported devices. However, even thought it's not supported through the Works With Xfinity program, you should still be able to install it on your network!

@stape2000, can you please share some information on the issue you are experiencing when trying to connect your camera to your network? 

Did you have the camera connected to your network previously? 

@MNK503, have you been experiencing issues connecting Nest cameras as well? 

Let me know, I'm happy to help out. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I purchased the Nest Cam IQ outdoor. I tried to set it up but It would time out when trying to connect to the NEST server. I called for assistance and was told the ONLY non-Comcast (Xfinity) cameras that were supported were ARLO. The NEST cam will not work unless it can connect to the external server so I had to take it back.  

There was no information given as to when or IF the NEST cams will ever be suppored. SOOOO disapointed with the lack of compatability..

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have an outdoor and indoor Nest camera that works just fine with my Xfinity internet service. I have Xfinity's Cisco Cable Modem/Gateway, but I use a Linksys WRT1900AC WiFi router for my home WiFi setup. Right now my cable modem/gateway is in bridge mode, but I have had it set before in non-bridge mode and both settings have worked. 

New Poster

Is there a NestCam solution to connect to an Xfinity modem?  I saw an earlier thread by an official Comcast employee, but did not see the solution specified.  

Silver Problem Solver

@tma123 wrote:

Is there a NestCam solution to connect to an Xfinity modem?  I saw an earlier thread by an official Comcast employee, but did not see the solution specified.  

This is an Xhome article:
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/works-with-xfinity-home-devices

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Does the Next IQ outdoor camera work with Xfinity??