Community Forum

Modem Restart Unavailable, looks like you're using an unsupported device

New Poster

Modem Restart Unavailable, looks like you're using an unsupported device

When I click on the modem restart link in the xfinity app, and click restart I get "Modem Restart Unavailable, looks like you're using an unsupported device". How can I get this fixed?

New Poster

Re: Modem Restart Unavailable, looks like you're using an unsupported device

also having the same issue. comcast doesnt know and they want to send out a tech. its stupid.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue, and it started yesterday.

Official Employee

Hi All, Please send me your full name and phone number associated with your account via private message so I can look into this modem restart error.

KenF

New Poster

still having the problem with the "Looks like you're using an unsupported device" any soulutions? i have a tech coming tomorrow but it would be nice to know sooner

Regular Visitor

Same problem here. Was first aware of unavailable telephone service approx. 23 hours ago. Did, after 2 ineffective calls to Comcast agent, finally try resetting modem, and got the same "you're not connected to a supported device" message. (Am renting an Arris cable modem from Comcast.) Each agent promised a callback from a technical expert, but so far, nothing.

There seems to be little point to scheduling a visit from a technician. This is a problem affecting multiple users in different locations. That indicates a problem in the system, emanating from a central office, not an individual residence.