Community Forum

Maximum Connected Devices? Possible network stack overflows?

Frequent Visitor

Maximum Connected Devices? Possible network stack overflows?

I currently have ~40 devices connected through my xFi box.  The distrobution is pretty even between ehternet, 2.4 and 5 with many of the devices doing almost nothing (random connected smart things).  I do, however, have some high bandwidth devices like smart TVs and 6 HD camera feeds.  I am also running a bunch of Sonos speakers.

I have had the upgraded system for over an month and see great performance with a few glitches.  Recently I have been seeing instances where one of the networks will slow down and then eventually reset.  As I have been troubleshooting, things have gotten worse and now I am seeing router reboots.

Has anyone seen similar issues or know the upper thresholds of the router around max devices or sustained internal throughput?  I have currently paused my cameras and after the router rebooted 3 consecutive times for no reason, things have been stable.

Support has recommended that I check my wall connections and possibly change my wifi password.  I am going to start eating Tide pods soon.

Official Employee

Re: Maximum Connected Devices? Possible network stack overflows?

Hello mschaaxp, I can assist you with your connectivity concerns. Please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me" and we can get started.