Community Forum

Keep needing to reconnect iPhone to WiFi as I move through my house

Highlighted
New Poster

Keep needing to reconnect iPhone to WiFi as I move through my house

I have the pods installed and seem to be working. As I move through my house, it seems that my phone does not always reconnect to the next pod in the house. I have to shut off my WiFi connect in the phone and reconnect for it to work again. No graceful transition between pods.
Official Employee

Re: Keep needing to reconnect iPhone to WiFi as I move through my house

Hey there, Jbmslaps, thank you for reaching out here on the forums! I can definitely help out, this should be seamless. 

You should not need to manually connect your devices to each Pod for WiFi access. Once your device joins your home WiFi network, it will automatically connect to the best WiFi access point, whether that's your Gateway or the Pods. Do you happen to have the xFi App? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

This does not automatically happen it’s locking up and the only way to get internet is to turn WiFi’s off and in again
Official Employee

Hi @jakevercelli

Sorry for the experience you're having. I can take a deeper look into this. Can I start by checking the signals at your home? Will you send me a private message with your first and last name? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Was this issue resolved? We have the same issue.
Official Employee

Hi there, Rando5150. I would love to help. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

New Poster

Can the resolution to this issue be posted online for others? I have the same issue. I have to constantly log off and back onto WiFi as I move throughout the house.
Official Employee

Hi there, Ormizd. If I find a solution, I will post it here.

Thanks!