Community Forum

Just upgraded to Xfi and my Xbox reports a double NAT

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Just upgraded to Xfi and my Xbox reports a double NAT

So the Comcast guy just left after instaslling the new Xfi modem, everything works but My Xbox is now reporting a double NAT. Previously this did not happen.

I only use the Xfinity equipment as my modem I have a Wifif router connected that serves my internal Wifi.

I've read that I need to turn on brdige mode on the new Xfi modem but going through the Xfi app I'm not able to find a place to enable bridge mode.

Just to be further clear my home router is not the issue as before the older Xfinity Modem did not report a double NAT issue, the new Xfi modem is the cause of it.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Just upgraded to Xfi and my Xbox reports a double NAT

@swanlee wrote:

So the Comcast guy just left after instaslling the new Xfi modem, everything works but My Xbox is now reporting a double NAT. Previously this did not happen.

I only use the Xfinity equipment as my modem I have a Wifif router connected that serves my internal Wifi.

I've read that I need to turn on brdige mode on the new Xfi modem but going through the Xfi app I'm not able to find a place to enable bridge mode.

Just to be further clear my home router is not the issue as before the older Xfinity Modem did not report a double NAT issue, the new Xfi modem is the cause of it.

Do you have any other network devices like the Apple Airport?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

If you have not figured this issue out already, you likely just need to configure the new XFi modem to be in bridged mode.  See:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/wireless-gateway-enable-disable-bridge-mode

This worked for me.

New Poster

Note: you can do this from a web browser for me it was simply http://10.0.0.1 which I believe is the default on the XFi modem.