Community Forum

Internet Connection

New Poster

Internet Connection

We have a relatively large home. XFI router is in utility room on first floor (basement) of three floors. It is close to other wires and a metal box on wall. I bought 3 pods (wall plug ins) and put 1 on second main floor and 2 on third. How can I increase our internet strength?.
New Poster

Re: Internet Connection

Disregard this. Better post is “has anyone had good experience with pods”
Silver Problem Solver

@KEELER_STEVEN wrote:
Disregard this. Better post is “has anyone had good experience with pods”

I replied there; you can also purchase a second set of Pods.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

KEELER_STEVEN - Before purchasing any more Pods, you should consider the placement of both your gateway and the Pods you currently have.

Pods are designed to work in sets to help ensure that WiFi coverage is extended to every corner of your home. Although some homes may only have one area with poor WiFi coverage (also known as a "dead spot"), simply installing a Pod in that area will most likely not address your coverage issues.

Your gateway should be placed in the most central location in your home.  Your first Pod needs to be placed with at least one room separating it from your compatible xFi Gateway (within approximately 20 to 30 feet). Then, your remaining Pods should be plugged into outlets throughout your home, evenly spaced from each other and the Gateway to ensure even coverage.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!