Community Forum

IPv4 websites aren’t accessible

New Poster

IPv4 websites aren’t accessible

New xFi router. I can access IPv6 websites (google / Facebook), but not IPv4 sites (most of the internet). Seems that my router was not setup correctly or Comcast is blocking sites (no firewall on my side).

I unplugged / re-plugged router and a couple iPhones were able to access full internet, but other devices connected right after (iPad, laptop, nest thermostats) can not.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: IPv4 websites aren’t accessible

@jjmanford wrote:
New xFi router. I can access IPv6 websites (google / Facebook), but not IPv4 sites (most of the internet). Seems that my router was not setup correctly or Comcast is blocking sites (no firewall on my side).

I unplugged / re-plugged router and a couple iPhones were able to access full internet, but other devices connected right after (iPad, laptop, nest thermostats) can not.

I tried google: 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Not-being-assigned-IPv4-address-by-DHCP/td-p/3016588

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Hello all - I am having the same issue and dug around in old messages to find that messaging ComcastJohnN has been successful in helping change the MAC address (which may be the root of the issue). I am commenting here so I am able to send private messages. Thanks.

Official Employee

Hi @Blakerrobertson

Welcome to the Forums! Thank you for posting. I'd be happy to assist you. I've picked up your private message and will be replying shortly so we can get this resolved. Chat with you soon. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

@ComcastChe @ComcastJohnN 

I also seem to be having the same issue. Tried explaining the CPE vs DOCSIS thing to several reps over the phone but they didn't know what I was talking about. Had them re-setup my modem to no avail. Sorry about the pings but not sure what else I can do. Let me know what other info you need.

E: Apologies, it seemed to be something on my end. I had multiple things plugged into my modem not realizing those ports were for linked-aggregation and couldn't support multiple devices. I ran a test through IPv6-test.com and the only issue seems to be not having a IPv6 host name. Unsure if that's necessary or even an issue, but thanks anyway if you get a chance to read this!

Official Employee

Hey @Blakerrobertson

I hope all is well. I was not able to confirm whether or not you are still in need of assistance. This thread will now be closed. If you are still in need of assistance, please reply to my last private message with your fist and last name so I can access your account, and we can go from there. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!