Community Forum

IP Reputation Attack

New Poster

IP Reputation Attack

I continually get IP Reputation Attack notices from XFi Advanced Security when I Port Forward my PS4. The security reports say that source IPs from different parts of the globe are trying to access my PS4. Is this normal?
New Poster

Re: IP Reputation Attack

I been getting the same messages for my xbox and ps4 eventhough the systems are completly shut off.

Silver Problem Solver

Is this ethernet or wifi or both?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Ethernet on both devices
Silver Problem Solver

@axlp wrote:
Ethernet on both devices

I can't find any information about "IP Reputation Attack" that helps.

I haven't seen this on my network.

Are you running either McAfee or Norton or some other third-party virus program?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yes on my PC. But I have the feeling theses warning are cause when you played multiplayer gsmes and servers from other areas are trying to communicate with you.
New Poster

Have the same issue plus, unauthorized access attempts on Xbox one. Do we need to be concerned or is there a way to fix this issue.world of tanks is the main game I get the warning on.
Contributor

Just got upgraded to something at comcast and now I've gotten 80 something attacks on my Xbox one. Probably nothing but it is very annoying.
New Poster

IP Reputation means that a bot or an attacker is scanning your Xfinity router ports and finds one or more of your ports is open. The scan source IP is done from a known bad reputation known IP. The Advanced Security feature manages to block it and notify you of this action.  This can occur on any connected device (ethernet / wireless LAN) which was enabled with port forwarding or configured as DMZ.

I hope that clarifies it. 

New Poster

IP Reputation means that a bot or an attacker is scanning your Xfinity router ports and finds one or more of your ports is open. The scan source IP is done from a known bad reputation known IP. The Advanced Security feature manages to block it and notify you of this action.  This can occur on any connected device (ethernet / wireless LAN) which was enabled with port forwarding or configured as DMZ.

The fact that your devices offline:

Does not make a difference as the port forwarding rule still exist, which is locking the IP address, and the bot/hacker can still try to peek into it.

I hope that clarifies it. 

Contributor

It would be nice to turn the warnings off. I was getting them even after I turned port forwarding off. Isn't it near impossible to hack xbox anyway?
New Poster

New Poster

Agreed. An option to ignore a certain notification/warning category for a certain device would be great. That the user could toggle back on via XFi devices in that device.