Community Forum

I upgraded to ARRIS TG1682G but the xfinity website and xfiapp iPhone still say I have to upgrade

Regular Visitor

I upgraded to ARRIS TG1682G but the xfinity website and xfiapp iPhone still say I have to upgrade

My new ARRIS TG1682G arrived today and I hooked it up and my internet connection is working (both wired and wireless). But when I try to access the afi app on my iphone or xfinity.com/myxFi I get the message "To access xFi, you'll need to upgrade your service/equipment." I have tried restarting the modem but that had no effect. Everything looks fine on my end. 

I've noticed others have had this problem.

Regular Visitor

Re: I upgraded to ARRIS TG1682G but the xfinity website and xfiapp iPhone still say I have to upgrad

It's working properly (no upgrade message) this morning so it must of just needed time to percolate thorugh the system.

Official Employee

Re: I upgraded to ARRIS TG1682G but the xfinity website and xfiapp iPhone still say I have to upgrad

LIS, there can be delay between the time of activating the Gateway to when xFi has been fully enabled, but I am glad to hear it is working for you now. 

I am going to resolve this thread, but feel free to reach out should you have any questions!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I am having this same issue but mine worked for about a month and then stopped.  Just haven't had time to follow up on it.

New Poster

same issue here. unable to access xfi since day 1. also says I still have my old gateway

Official Employee

Vintatious, we can get this resolved for you, I have reached out via Private Message to follow up. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

Vintatious, the team has resolved this issue for you. Please try logging into xFi again and let us know if you run into any more issues.