Community Forum

I'm not able to block website using parental controls

New Poster

I'm not able to block website using parental controls

After following the instructions for blocking a website using the 10.0.... page, the websites I am trying to block are still fully accessible on all the devices connected to our modem. I have searched several post, but I either get a link to the "parental control" page, which I have followed, OR "contact us" reply in the forum. I don't like to talk to people on the phone, because I am constantly being distracted, only to have them do it for me so that when the problem arises again I am completely lost. I want to see how other people solved the issue so I can figure it out myself. I also do not want to have to call someone again in a few hours when my children have finished their school work and is allowed back on the websites. Thank you.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: I'm not able to block website using parental controls

Hi, have you tried using the Protected Browsing or Parental Control features in xFi? 

You can enabled Protect Browsing on your whole home network and enable Parental Controls filtering on specific profiles. 

I hope this helps. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!