Community Forum

How to setup a guest network

New Poster

How to setup a guest network

Tutorial on how to setup a guest network using Xfinity Wireless Gateway Arris DOCSIS 3 rentedcombo modem router.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: How to setup a guest network

See if this helps:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/personalize-customize-hnetwork-xfi

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Please help
Silver Problem Solver

@SpecialK0215 wrote:
Please help

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/help-guests-get-online

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Why do you have to make this so complicated. Simple question; 

How do I set up a Guest network on my Xfinity home wifi?

My home wifi is a standard home wifi supplied by Xfinity. I have not asked 30 other questions. Just answer this one.

Terry

Silver Problem Solver

@Terryyoko wrote:

My home wifi is a standard home wifi supplied by Xfinity. I have not asked 30 other questions. Just answer this one.

Terry

This didn't help?

"

Connect to Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot

Many Xfinity Gateways broadcast a WiFi hotspot that can be accessed by guests who are Xfinity Internet customers.

To connect to the Xfinity WiFi hotspot network, your guests can simply select the WiFi network labeled xfinitywifi or XFINITY on their devices.

To learn more about Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit wifi.xfinity.com.?"

Highlighted
New Poster

And password
New Poster

Robert,

I don't think you understand what a Guest network is. To answer the question, most if not all of Xfinity's hardware does not support guest networks. Buy your own router.

@RobertWy wrote:

@Terryyoko wrote:

Terry

This didn't help?

"

Many Xfinity Gateways broadcast a WiFi hotspot that can be accessed by guests who are Xfinity Internet customers.

To connect to the Xfinity WiFi hotspot network, your guests can simply select the WiFi network labeled xfinitywifi or XFINITY on their devices.

Official Employee

Robert,

I don't think you understand what a Guest network is. To answer the question, most if not all of Xfinity's hardware does not support guest networks. Buy your own router.

@RobertWy wrote:
@Terryyoko wrote:

Terry

This didn't help?

"

Thunder154, that's correct. We don't offer private guest network options for residential customers but we do have something like that for our Comcast Business class customers. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!