Community Forum

How to enable guest access to our wifi

New Poster

How to enable guest access to our wifi

Hello, We would like to offer guests access to our wifi without compromising the safety of our personal wifi.  We want to set up a guest password, etc. 

Can you help us?

Thank you,

Rachel

Problem Solver

Re: How to enable guest access to our wifi

What make/model device is providing your WiFi signal?  Do you have access to the admin page for configuring it?  A User Guide for the device should help as well as FAQ's for WiFi on MyXfinity.com

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
New Poster

I don't know the make and model off hand, but will look.  Thanks for the info.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@rs-vt wrote:

I don't know the make and model off hand, but will look.  Thanks for the info.

Does this help?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/help-guests-get-online

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hello, rs-vt. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

There are two ways guests can use wifi when visiting. You can either give them the name of your network and the password (which you can change frequently for added security), or you can let them know you use Xfinity and they can use the xfinitywifi hotspot if they also subscribe to our services. For the latter, they will use their own username and password to connect to the hotspot. 

Please let us know if that helps or if you have further questions/concerns that you need assistance with. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

rs-vt, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope the info I provided answered all your concerns, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!