Community Forum

How do I know which devices are which?

New Poster

How do I know which devices are which?

I’m trying to add a device to a profile be all that are showing up is Apple-somenumbers. How do I kniw which devices are which?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: How do I know which devices are which?

_____________36 wrote:
I’m trying to add a device to a profile be all that are showing up is Apple-somenumbers. How do I kniw which devices are which?

The numbers are the last four digits of the device's MAC address.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

_____________36 wrote:

As RobertWy mentioned, the 4 numbers showing in the device name are the last 4 digits of the MAC Address. To view the full MAC address, you can select the device and then view Device Details. Device Details will provide more information on the device such as the full MAC address, Manufacturer, Connection Type, and the Host Name which for some apple devices may help you easily identfiy which device is which. 

New Poster

How do I find the "mac" address on my android device
Silver Problem Solver

@Jchapmanjr wrote:
How do I find the "mac" address on my android device

Try a google search for android mac address.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

It would obviously be pretty helpful if I could assign a name to each device.  That's what people are looking for.  You know, like Dad, Mom, Bobby.

Silver Problem Solver

@Dickc1 wrote:

It would obviously be pretty helpful if I could assign a name to each device.  That's what people are looking for.  You know, like Dad, Mom, Bobby.

I have my devices assigned that way with separate Profiles.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-faqs