Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

How do I change

New Poster

How do I change

The xfi so both I and my husband both can control the devices? If he is home he should be able to pause, and when I’m home I can.
Official Employee

Re: How do I change

holidaywithmary wrote:
The xfi so both I and my husband both can control the devices? If he is home he should be able to pause, and when I’m home I can.

Hi holidaywithmary, currently xFi is accessible to both primary and unrestricted secondary users. If you would like to it up so that yourself and your husband have access to xFi, you will need to make sure that atleast one of your XFINITY user accounts is the primary, and the other is an unrestricted secondary. These settings can be changed by going into MyAccount. 

Additionally, one of the benefits of xFi is that you do not need to be in your home or connected to your home network in order to manage your WiFi settings. Through both the web portal (www.xfinity.com/myxfi) and the xFi mobile app (available in both Google Play and the App Store), you can access and manage your home network settings anywhere you receive an internet connection. This includes, among other features, pausing and unpausing devices.

Below is a link to an article that provides more details on xFi as well as a link to another article on primary and unrestricted secondary user accounts. I hope this information is helpful!

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-overview