Community Forum

How do I add a new device via Xfinity xFI?

New Poster

How do I add a new device via Xfinity xFI?

My Xfinity is set up for the front bedroom.  I'm trying to add a Pod for the back room to get Xfinity full time.  Right now it's hit or miss.  

I followed the directions that came with the Pod today to the More icon where it is supposed to allow me to add a device.  However, all that comes up when I click on More is a Notification section.   

I don't have a mobile phone, only Kindles.  Is there a way to add the Pod device on a Kindle?  Thank you in advance for your help.  

Official Employee

Re: How do I add a new device via Xfinity xFI?

Hi, pod activation can only be done through the xFi mobile app. The xFI mobile app can be downloaded from the Google Play and Apple App stores on any compatible mobile device or tablet. 

Do you have a tablet that has access to either the Google Play or the Apple App Store and can connect to WiFi? If so, you could download the Xfinity xFi App on that tablet and onboard the xFi Pods from there. 

When using a tablet to activate pods, you will not be able to use Bluetooth and will need to select the option to manually enter the serial numbers.  

I hope this information helps. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!